Succulent Baked Ham with Brown Sugar Glaze


My Aunt Christina always makes the most SUCCULENT hams I have ever, EVER tasted. This Thanksgiving she gave me her recipe. Now I am sharing it with you. You're welcome in advance, because, trust me, once you've tried this—your WILL thank me.

1 (10-pound) cured ham, not pre-sliced
1 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
1/2 tsp ground mustard
1/4 cup white vinegar



Directions:
Preheat oven to 325 degrees

In a roasting pan, place ham cut side down onto a sheet of aluminum foil. Score the skin fat making a diamond pattern and bake, covered tightly with foil, for 10 minutes per pound.

In a small bowl combine brown sugar, ground mustard and white vinegar.
15 minutes before end of bake time spread glaze evenly over ham and bake uncovered for remaining 15 minutes.Transfer ham to a platter and let stand 15 minutes before carving.

**Optional:
Pin orange or pineapple slices to outer surface with toothpicks.

Why do I do this blog?

Well, because I like easy to make, flavorful dishes with a moderate fat count, and a wide variety of them. This blog is the perfect place to bring together all of my favorites for easy access to pull up to use when it's time to make dinner.