German Cinnamon Roasted Nuts! Heaven, I'm in Heaven!



I've struck Gold I tell you!  GOLD!!! You know those German Nut vendors that make their appearance at area malls during Christmas time? You know the ones-- those culprits who stir up that heavenly aroma of roasting almonds and pecans coated in sugar and glorious cinnamon that beckons to you on a cloud like you see in old cartoons, with the curling finger? You don't know how it happens, but you find your feet are suddenly no longer on the ground and you're being carried, ever so willingly to the source of such wonder. Such divinity. 
Well, I have finally found the recipe to EXACTLY replicate that, some would say, religious experience, right in your own kitchen! Filling your HOME with all of it's mouthwatering aroma, and flooding your taste buds with joy unspeakable as well.  And in the spirit of the coming Holiday Season, yes, I'll share.

German Cinnamon Roasted Nuts

Ingredients

    * 1 TB butter, soft
    * 1/8 tsp salt
    * 1/2 cup sugar
    * 2 cups raw almonds or pecans--I used BOTH almonds and Pecans and actually found the glaze to be plenty enough to coat 3 cups of nuts.
    * 2 teaspoons cinnamon
    * 1 tsp. vanilla
    * 1/4 cup water


Preheat oven to 250. Cover a 13x17” baking sheet with parchment paper, or grease well.  Combine everything together [all at one time] in a small sauce pan over med-low heat, stir until well blended, then, once butter and sugars have melted nicely,  add water. This thins things out a bit an really helps everything get coated evenly. Toss in the nuts and coated them well before spreading onto the prepared pan. Bake for one hour, stirring half way through. Allow to cool, then store in an airtight container.

In my experience, they smelled so wonderful I got impatient, [who me? I know!] and pulled them out after 50 minutes. They tasted perfect-- JUST like the ones I paid mucho $$$ for at the Mall during Christmas time shopping!
 Woo hoo!

Why do I do this blog?

Well, because I like easy to make, flavorful dishes with a moderate fat count, and a wide variety of them. This blog is the perfect place to bring together all of my favorites for easy access to pull up to use when it's time to make dinner.